The English version is only for better understanding. The German version is the legally valid document.
This information gives you an overview of how we process your personal data when you visit our career pages, use our online application system or send us your application by e-mail or post. We inform you about what data we collect from you and how we use it. We will also inform you of your rights under applicable data protection law and tell you who to contact if you have any questions.
1. Who is responsible for data processing?
The DER Touristik company to which you apply for a job or submit an unsolicited application is responsible for processing of your personal data when using the online application system or when you send us your application by e-mail or post (hereinafter referred to collectively as the application process).
For certain processing of your data in connection with the use of the online application system, the DER Touristik companies to which you apply for a job – also on your own initiative – are jointly responsible. They have stipulated in agreements which of them fulfils which obligations under data protection law.
2. Who can you contact if you have questions about data processing?
Questions regarding the processing of your data can be directed to the data protection officer at any time.
You can reach the data protection officer of DER Touristik Group at:
Data Protection Officer
3. What data do we process from you?
Specifically, these may include:
- Data of your applications:(first name, surname, email address, place of residence (country), address, title, telephone number, date of birth, social media profiles, first name and surname of legal guardians, data on school education, training and studies, data on previous professional career, data on driving licence, data on possible impairments that you voluntarily disclose to us, data on the field of employment, cover letter, CV, certificates, portrait photo, insofar as you disclose the respkective information to us, your motivation, possible start of work, how you became aware of the job advertisement, salary expectations).
- Consent to use your data for other suitable jobs/the candidate pool
- Data that you provide to us in the context of an application by e-mail or post
- Data we receive when conducting a recruitment test for trainees/assessment centre for managers (data on personality and performance)
- Data from job-oriented social networks (e.g. Xing, LinkedIn), insofar as these are generally accessible or you have consented to them.
- If applicable, data that you provide to us as part of a chat application (voice recording and text logs) (first name, last name, email address, telephone number, professional and management experience, education and training, job interests, driving licence, mobility, skills, availability, place of residence, postcode, insofar as you provide us with the respective information)
4. Is there an obligation to provide the data?
The provision of your data is not required by law. However, some of the data mentioned is required in order to be able to submit an application to us. Insofar as an employment contract is concluded between you and a DER Touristik Group company, the information you enter will be forwarded to the HR department for the purpose of concluding the employment contract. The communication of other data is voluntary, but may be necessary for the use of certain services. We will inform you when you enter data if the provision is required for the respective service or function. These data are marked as mandatory fields. In the case of required data, failure to provide it will result in the relevant service or function not being provided. In the case of optional data, failure to provide it may mean that we cannot provide our services in the same form and to the same extent as usual.
5. For what purposes do we process your data and on what legal basis is this done?
5.1 Implementation of application procedures
You have the option of applying online for an advertised job or submitting a speculative application. The online application system is available for this purpose. Your data and the file attachments you send are transmitted via an encrypted connection. Your data will be received by the Human Resources Department and forwarded to the department responsible for the available job or to the persons entrusted with handling the application process. The same applies if you send us an application by e-mail or post. All parties involved will treat your application documents with due care and confidentiality.
We process the data you send us in connection with an application in order to check your suitability for the job (or, if applicable, other vacancies in the DER Touristik Group company to which you are applying for a job or submitting a speculative application) and to carry out the application procedure. The legal basis for the data processing described above is Article 6 (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation and Section 26 (1) sentence 1 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) (decision on the establishment of an employment relationship).
If we conclude an employment contract with you, we will further process your data for the purposes of the employment relationship if this is necessary for its implementation or termination. The legal basis for the data processing described above is Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation and Section 26(1) sentence 1 of the BDSG (implementation of the employment relationship).
- Defence of legal claims
We process your data insofar as this is necessary for the defence of asserted legal claims arising from the application process. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR (balancing of interests, based on the interest of the DER Touristik Group company to which you are applying for a job or submitting a speculative application, to be able to defend claims in proceedings under the General Equal Treatment Act as well as any other claims).
- Use of your application for other matching jobs (extended use) and inclusion in the candidate pool
If your application does not match the job profile you are looking for, but seems suitable for other jobs, you can agree to extended use. You can also agree to your application remaining in the candidate pool for another 6 months in order to be considered for new jobs that become vacant.
However, this means that recruiters will be able to contact with new jobs from companies in the DER Touristik Group that match your personal qualifications and interests but not later than 6 months since the date of your application. Consideration in such a new application process will only take place with your consent. The legal basis for the data processing described is Art. 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (consent).
- Signing of the employment contract by Docusign
If you are accepted, you will receive your employment contract from our HR partner. This can be done using the DocuSign software. For this purpose, your employment contract and the associated documents are uploaded in encrypted form and assigned to your name and e-mail address. You will then receive the documents by e-mail from the DocuSign software. When you open the envelope from your mailbox, you are identified by your email address and can sign the documents. When all parties have signed, you will receive the completed document including a DocuSign certificate by e-mail.
The legal basis for the described data processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (contract) as well as Art. 6 (1) (f) of our overriding legitimate interest in an efficient signing process.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
- Absolutely necessary cookies
Absolutely necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary for you to navigate the website and use its features. Without these cookies we will not be able to provide certain services you have requested. We use strictly necessary cookies to uniquely identify registered users so that they can be recognised during their stay and when they visit the website again. The legal basis for the data processing described is § 25 para. 2 no. 2 TTDSG in conjunction with. Art. 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (balancing of interests, based on the interest in guaranteeing the function of the website and ensuring user comfort).
|Area||Cookie||Purpose||Stored Data||Storage periodr|
|internal and external||JSESSIONID||The purpose of this cookie is to identify your computer during your visit to our website.||Session ID||Session|
|only external||captcha||Is required to prevent automatic access in the application form. It is only set if the “Captcha” field is activated in the application form.||Token||Max. 1 day|
|only internal||dvinciSessionId||The purpose of this cookie is to identify your computer during your visit to all products.||Session ID||Session|
|only internal||SESSION||The purpose of this cookie is to identify your computer during your visit to the respective product. (Platform, Onboarding, …)||Session ID||Session|
- Candidate survey
In order to be able to ensure the quality of our application process in the long term and to improve it, applicants can voluntarily evaluate the application process after sending the evaluation. For this purpose, a survey will be displayed on the portal. Your rating will not be associated with your name.
The legal basis for the inheritance of the evaluations is our predominantly justified interest in quality assurance § 25 para. 2 no. 2 TTDSG in conjunction with. Art. 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation. The evaluation is voluntary and, if you participate, it is based on § 25 para. 1 TTDSG in conjunction with. Art. 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (consent).
- Forwarding to social media services
On our website you may find links to the social media services of Xing, Linkedin. You can recognise links to the websites of the social media services by the respective company logo. If you follow these links, you will reach the respective social media service. You can release your applicant profile from these services for an application with us. The legal basis for this processing is § 25 para. 1 TTDSG in conjunction with. Art. 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (consent).
The servers of the social media services may also be located in the USA and other countries outside the European Union. The data may therefore also be processed by the provider of the social media service in countries outside the European Union. Please note that companies in these countries are subject to data protection laws that do not generally protect personal data to the same extent as they do in the Member States of the European Union.
6. Who has access to your data and for what reason?
Within the DER Touristik Group company to which you apply for a job or submit a speculative application, only persons who need your data to carry out the tasks assigned to them will have access to it. This mainly concerns employees of the human resources department.
If you have given your consent to the extended use as stated in 5.3, the companies of the DER Touristik Group mentioned below* may access your data in order to contact you if a suitable job is available. In addition, service providers who support us in the fulfilment of our tasks may have access to your data. These are service providers in the following categories:
- Hosting service providers for the operation of our servers
- Development service providers for programming, development, maintenance and support of software applications, in particular the online application system
- Scanning service providers for the digital capture of paper documents
- IT service provider for the support and provision of our services
- Service providers for carrying out recruitment tests
- Service providers to support the selection of applicants
- Service providers for electronic signatures
The service providers we use must comply with special confidentiality requirements. They will only have access to your data to the extent and for the period of time necessary for the performance of their tasks.
7. Are data processed outside the European Union?
If there is neither an adequacy decision under Article 45(3) nor appropriate safeguards under Article 46, including binding internal data protection rules we only transfer your data to recipients outside the scope of the regulation of the EU-GDPR to the extent that the transfer is necessary:
- for the conclusion or performance of the contract with you or for the performance of pre-contractual measures at your request
- for the performance of a contract concluded in your interest by the controller with another natural or legal person
- for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims
- to protect the vital interests of the data subject or other persons, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent
- you have given your consent
These data processing operations are permissible exceptions from Art. 49 EU-GDPR.
Insofar as a data transfer outside the scope of the EU Data Protection Regulation is necessary due to our predominantly legitimate interest or you have given us your consent, this is secured, among other things, with EU standard contractual clauses in accordance with Art. 46 (2) (c) EU Data Protection Regulation. If necessary, the EU standard contractual clauses are supplemented by further contractual assurances. You can obtain information on this via the specified contact.
8. How long will the data be stored?
We store your data as long as it is necessary for the decision on your application. Insofar as an employment relationship does not come about, we may continue to store your data beyond this, insofar as this is necessary for the defence against possible legal claims. As a rule, your application documents will be deleted six months after notification of the rejection decision, unless longer storage is necessary due to legal disputes. If we conclude an employment contract with you, we transfer your data from the online application system to our employee information system. Otherwise, we delete your data after these periods or determine the deletion period according to these criteria:
- Data after revocation of consent or after 6 months at the latest
- Data on an application six months after completion of the application process
- Any voice recordings after three months
9 What rights do you have?
You can request information about your personal data processed by us.
If your information is not (or no longer) correct, you can request that your data be corrected. If your data is incomplete, you can request that it be completed.
You have the right to request the deletion of your data. Please note that a right to erasure depends on the existence of a legitimate reason. In addition no regulations requiring us to retain your data are still applicable.
9.4 Restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data. Please note that a right to restriction of processing depends on the existence of a legitimate reason.
You have the right to object on grounds relating to your particular situation to the processing of your data which we base on our legitimate interests. In the event of a justified objection, we will no longer process your data.
9.6 Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You are entitled to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you do not agree with the processing of your data.
You can find a current list of the competent supervisory authorities at https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
9.7 Data portability
You have the right to receive personal data that you have provided to us in an electronic format.
9.8 Revocation of your consent
You have the right to withdraw any consent you have given to us to process your data at any time. The easiest way to revoke consent you have given us is to send an email to the contact details above. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data carried out until the revocation.
* DER Deutsches Reisebüro GmbH & Co. OHG, Emil-vob-Behring-Str. 6 60439 Frankfurt, DERPART Reisevertrieb GmbH, Emil-von.-Behring-Str. 6 60439 Frankfurt, DER Touristik Partner-Service Verwaltungs GmbH Humboldtstraße 140-144, 51149 Köln, DER Touristik Central Europe GmbH, Humboldtstraße 140-144, 51149 Köln, DER Touristik Group GmbH, Humboldtstraße 140-144, 51149 Köln, DER Touristik DMC GmbH, Humboldtstraße 140-144, 51149 Köln, DER Touristik Online GmbH, Emil-vob-Behring-Str. 6 60439 Frankfurt, DER Touristik Hotels & Resorts GmbH, Humboldtstraße 140-144, 51149 Köln, DER Touristik Destination Service AG, Korporationsweg 9b, 8832 Wilen bei Wollerau, Schweiz, Pro Tours GmbH, Humboldtstraße 140-144, 51149 Köln, Reisewelt GmbH, Humboldtstraße 140-144, 51149 Köln, TourContact Reisebüro Cooperation Verwaltung GmbH, Charlottenstraße 61, 51149 Köln, Reisebüro Rade GmbH, Hauptstrasse 46 77652 Offenburg
(Status: August 2022)